Alright I’m back! Yes, a little late but I had a wedding to attend; The food wasn’t that awesome. That reminds me…why am I spotting an inverse relationship between a) Food and b) Everything else, wherever I go? Is it just me or is this some new fad in the industry? These days my one-line party reviews either sound “I had fun” OR “the food was amazing”. Nevermind.
So I just found out that Anna has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger’s Award. She disappears from here on long streaks like me but she’s an awesome blogger–Yeah we’ve a lot in common. Check out her Life Put Simple blog here.
First up let’s answer Anna’s questions:
- If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be?
I can’t read just one author; I’d rather not read at all. But since this is a hypothetical situation, maybe David Sedaris; If I’m going to read someone for the rest of my life, he better be funny.
Or. Ruskin Bond. Then I’ll have a huge collection to pick from.
But I’m never going to try this in reality.
- What is that one item in your closet that you don’t understand why you bought?
Again, there is no “one” such item. But the latest one is this awesome pair of purple yoga pants. They are so cool–the kind of workout clothes you won’t dare to sweat in! But I badly need a new pair, so now I have to buy some real pants I can actually sweat in.
- What is the last song you listened to?
Soy yo – Bomba Estereo (Yes I just checked…)
- Last book you read?
Let Sleeping Vets lie by James H.
It’s hilarious. Especially the monk chapter, and the soap-water, and the lambing, and–the whole book left me in splits. Gotta read it to know it. Yes, that was a silent recommendation.
- Last movie you watched?
Re-watched The Help. it’s one of my favorites.
- What do you look for in a friend? Why?
No, you won’t find me with a microscope probing prospective friends for pre-defined attributes, i.e. I don’t look for any stuff; just that simple connection. You either do or you don’t. Or sometimes you don’t but later you do (Connect, I mean). I know a lot many people with shared interests and people I can hang out with all the time, but I don’t necessarily consider them “friends” friends. And then I have a handful of friends, half of whom I don’t have much similarities to share with except that connection I just mentioned!
- If you had to be someone else in this world, who would you be (fictional characters not included������) ?
If fictional characters are out of the question I’d rather be me.
- What is the most positive thing you have gotten out of blogging?
The warmy-happy feeling that comes with every notification! More so if it’s a comment.
- If you could be related to one celebrity, who would it be?
- Current obsession/s?
Noodles. I’m not kidding.
So January was half over, and I suddenly realized (while stuffing my face with noodles) that I was on an unstoppable noodle spree. Plus I’m not the type who patiently takes food pics and doesn’t shove it straight in (never even minding the temperature). But this time I decided to do it–to keep a picture-tab in case there’s a next time. There was a next time… And a next one…
And some more…
And don’t go on judging my pasta by its looks. Something I learned from the last wedding: The more exotic it looks, the…you know, Inverse relationship!
That reminds me, yes, it’s all my very own genuine creation.
The people who consumed it?
Don’t worry they’re still breathing.
- Why do you blog?
This question is more suitable to people who use WordPress like Instagram. Guys, why don’t y’all use instagram for insta-ing and the blog for blogging? Do you type super-wordy posts on insta? Or post mute wordless pictures on twitter? Okay I’ve seen people do that too. Here’s a simple one: why did you start the blog? Write something! Who here wants to see your pouts from 40 different angles? No puedo mas!
That was fun!
So you must be wondering: What is this Sunshine Blogger thing? (Or maybe not.)
Ahem. “The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.” – Anna’s words
How Does It Work?
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog (duh)
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate upto 11 blogs and ask them 11 new questions
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog-post
5. Rules are to tweak; Take it easy.
And here is my list of questions:
1. What is that question you hate to answer the most?
2. What’s the most horrible a.k.a. “It tasted delicious in my head” recipe you came up with? If you don’t cook, what’s the most gross thing you ever ate?Here’s mine!
Trust me, you don’t want to see its true colors.
3. Chicken or bacon? Explain gravitational waves. Don’t google; I’ll know.
4. When was the last time you helped-out a stranger? or a close friend?
5. If you were given any superpower for only one day, which day would you choose? (guess you weren’t expecting that..)
6. Which language do you think in? (Yeah I’m assuming you’re bilingual.)
7. The funniest thing you’ve seen someone do in public?
8. Have you won any contests/competitions/olympics maybe? Which was the last one?
9. What’s the most useless (according to others) talent/s you have?
10. What’s the best Wi-Fi name you’ve seen?
11. The last time you tried something for the first time? (Yeah rack that brain!)
Okay here’s my little twist: If you’re reading this and would love to participate, please do! (Even if you’re not nominated.) If you’re too lazy to write a post, feel welcome to type your answers in the comments-club below.
For those nominated and don’t feel like doing this, that’s okay too.
Have fun guys! I’m waiting for the answers…